Sunday, January 03, 2010

Saying Goodbye



Today was the funeral for one of my good friends, coworkers, and long time Mobile Meals partner, Nancy Evans.  She was only 55--- way too young to leave. She had a post surgery clot that claimed her life on New Years Eve.

Nancy was a friend and like a big sister who I have known since 1992. She mentored me in easy and fun stuff--like cooking and shopping.  She coached me through the hard things like losing grandparents and divorce. She was an amazing "giver" in the community and role model. I am going to miss her so much--and hope I can live my life like she did and be remembered for giving to others.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheri Pryor said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cassandra. It's always difficult losing people who mean so much to us and bring light to our lives. ((hugs))

AshleyS said...

HUGE ((HUGS)) Cassandra!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula... said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cassandra. I know she will be forever in your heart.

Paula... said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cassandra - I know she will be forever in your heart.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mona said...

I am so sorry, Cassandra! You are definately a giver and a wonderful friend!

Mona