Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Counting Down the Days

We have about two weeks!

Will and I spent the weekend getting stuff ready for the wedding.  I guess I should say honeymoon since the wedding is basically a planned elopement.  We pulled out clothes, shoes, suitcases, made packing lists, picked songs for the drive, confirmed reservations, etc.



I had my wedding band sized and appraised.  It is beautiful and I can't wait to wear it! When the jeweler/appraiser was evaluating my band, he took a peek at my engagement ring and said that he had been in the business for 30 years and mine was only the 6th natural alexandrite he had seen.  It was only the 2nd one the sales person had ever seen in all her years working in jewelry. I love having a unique engagement ring.

I got my first wedding card in the mail yesterday! My friend Kristin made me a beautiful Celtic knot "Happily Ever After" card. It is sitting up on display in the dining room and when I walk by it, I smile. I can't believe our special day is almost here!


And other than the usual soccer (Spencer and IV did great!) we also celebrated Boppa's 66th birthday!
 

4 comments:

Stacy said...

awesome! I can't wait to see wedding pictures!!!! That Krisin is a sweet girl!!

Patti H said...

OMG I bet you all are so freaking excited!!

Kristin said...

Love ya, Cassandra!!!!! I will have a drink for you this - and every St. Patty's Day!

Anna Ruth said...

We are so happy for you! You deserve nothing but the best.