Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring has been flung

Spring Fling was Saturday at Spencer's school. I got there early and helped set up. I worked the Pepsi and Pizza booth ALL DAY. Yep. 9:30 until 3:00! I signed up for first hour but the "relief" never showed up-- that's how they suck in the newbie Kindergarten parents--haha! Actually, I didn't really mind. Melissa (my sister in law) and my Dad watched Spencer for me and during the slow times I was able to catch a couple of the vendors. Just like EVERY where, it is always the same group of parents that do 90% of everything at these events. Our PTA president now is the bomb-- I hate that she is retiring her position this year. (They have two year term maximums) --that's some big shoes to fill! I agreed to take secretary next year but since I work ALOT of hours, and volunteer on 3 other commitees, over obligation and burnout is something I'd like to avoid!

Sunday was my turn to keep the nursery at church. WOW. How can such angelic looking kids lay the smackdown on each other as soon as their parents leave the room??? After church, we went to a new Italian restaurant that served "real" Italian and not American Italian. I didn't recognize a thing on the buffet.
Spencer had some raw carrot and some noodles without sauce. I really should have ordered off the menu-- but usually a lunch buffet is pretty safe, ya know?

My nieces, Ashley and Kristin, were in the local paper this past week! There was a really cool article about their soccer success! Way to go A&K!

Also, A HUGE thank you goes out to my pal Maureen in Midlothian. She sent my family dinner this week. Dad came home from the hospital and is doing MUCH better. Maureen sent a YUMMY spiral cut Ham and Turkey from Harry and David. Thanks Maureen--Dinner was FANTASTIC and the family time while we enjoyed dinner was Dad's favorite part!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA How'd you wind up with monster kids?! Most kids are angels when their parents AREN'T around . . . mine are at least. They are total imps when they are with me!

Paula... said...

Sounds like the spring fling was a great day - it is so sad that it's always the same parents though isn't it. I actually feel sad for the kids in that their parents don't take the time to be involved in their lives outside of home IYKWIM. They are young for such a short time and you should enjoy it together *sigh*. Yes I've had a very emotional year so far with my eldest in her last year of Primary School and doing the High School orientation thing and everything - how did she grow up so darn fast???

Leslie said...

what a wonderful surprise of early Mom's day gifts. Enjoy that spa thing....man do I need to go back and do that again already myself! packing, unpacking, sending your DH off, and stressing with your children sure takes it out of you! LOL