Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Weekend: Up and Down



We had a (much needed) girls weekend away to the beach. The ocean was icy--but, we didn't care. We shopped, slept late, ate great meals, had yummy drinks, rented chick flicks and giggled the entire time. Our poor waiter at CBIP will probably need therapy after our visit!!! (I think he had as much fun as we did--and good thing we are good tippers, poor kid....)




Unfortunately, on our way home from the beach, we got the dreaded phone call that Dad had to be taken to the ER. It was the worst 3 hour drive home ever. He stayed in the hospital Sunday morning - Tuesday evening and is now doing much better but has to take it easy!!!! What a bad scare for all of us!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy! Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he is feeling better. I'm glad yall had a good time at the beach, looks like a lot of fun!

Georgina said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts are with you all. Love the beach picture too

Oscar T. Grouch said...

the ocean, the real ocean, oh still my beating heart.

glad you had some time for you

Jennifer Sizemore said...

So glad your dad is doing some better! My prayers are with him tonight. Oh , and the drinks look yummy!