Monday, July 14, 2008

Talking Turkey and Migraines



Guess what was in my yard this evening? A momma turkey and 3 turkettes! Or would that be a hen and 3 poults or chicks? I have no idea-and Spencer is asleep, little Mr. Discovery channel would know. Spencer was gone when they came for a visit, he has missed everything this past week!

This afternoon was rough. I had a nasty nasty migraine. I am actually working on an enjoyable project at work, and I had to totally flake out this afternoon to repair my stoopid head. Imitrex, pain pills, and nausea meds later-- I was better but hung over. So, as a "get over being sick" tradition in my family, I fixed hot tea and toast. Spencer said he was a little hungry so I fixed an extra cup of tea and a couple more slices of toast. I put our tea and toast on the table and the phone rang--- a few minutes later, I went back to the table and my son had eaten all 4 pieces of the toast. He is not normally a big eater so this shocked me. Seriously little dude-- you only saved me the crust?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the hen and poults.

Anonymous said...

This is just the beginning for big boy's eating habits!

As far as the turkeys, you do live in the boonies! However, my neighbor told me there was a brown bear in my backyard the other morning and I live in the CITY!

Lori Petticrew said...

glad you feeling better cass and yeap hen and poults....


lauren playing this game rooster hen poults, drives me nuts

Patti H said...

Love the nickname Mr Discovery Channel!! Sorry you are have a crappy headache! Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your migraines? I have helped a lot of patients become migraine-free without the side effects of medication. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.