Monday, February 08, 2010

Everyone is burping up jalapeño poppers on Monday...

...because Will and I made 118 poppers for Super Bowl Sunday. It took 4 hours--seriously. Will even declared that now that he knows how long it takes to wash, clean, stuff and bake them, he will eat them s..l..o..w..e..r and savor each bite.


Since Will was here for the weekend, we thought it would be a good time to blend our poochies. We tried at Christmas and they weren't keen on the idea. But this time, it worked! Well, we had to give them warm up time.... And my big 60 pound lug still thinks he is a tiny lap dog (he loves to be held like a baby!)..and Will's little, chi-weenie thinks she is a huge mastiff and definitely established herself as the alpha dog.



As if the jalapeño poppers weren't enough, we also made brownies, caramel popcorn, and a special Key Lime cake for Melissa's birthday. Will had the pain-staking task of spelling out "happy birthday" in mouse droppings a.k.a chocolate sprinkles. The cake was a hit--and tasted good, too!



The Super Bowl was fun to watch-- most of us were cheering for the Saints so it was great to see them win. Of course, the drunken victory calls from my "coonass" friends (What's up Lori?) made the night even more memorable!

Per tradition, the party is at Mom and Dad's house. But they don't even watch the game! Mom, Dad, Betty, Ann, Archie and Lisa stayed in the kitchen all night enjoying the conversation, drinks and snacks. Spencer and IV played in the hallway on the Pepsi football field rug most of the evening. Randy, Karen, III, Lucy, Will and I stayed in the living room and enjoyed the game, the commercials...and judging from today's indigestion...too many poppers!

5 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

Looks like a fabulous time!!! I got the drunk call, too. lol! She was trashed, but oh so stinkin' happy!! Hope your bellies are all feeling better by tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

that little dog looks like what I have heard described as one of the hounds from hell

Patti H said...

love that cake. I am going to have to try that one someday! I didn't get the call. I never get calls from you spazzers living in Canada and all LOL

Our little family said...

LOL!!!! I love the cake. So funny!

I also love how happy you look snuggled up on that couch!

Leslie said...

key lime cake! I must have the "how to" for that one!