Spencer and I went to a Japanese buffet tonight that included sushi. I had a couple of pieces of Nigiri--ever so gently brushed with wasabi. Spencer asked me what the green paste was that I had smeared on the edge of my plate and I explained how wasabi had heat like intense horseradish--very hot!
He took a pea sized glob of it on the end of his chopstick and asked me if I would pay him $5 if he ate it. Of course I said no! I didn't want him getting strangled!!
But before I could explain to him, he popped the small chunk in his mouth, squished it around and swallowed it.....then went back to eating his noodles.
Like nothing. ever. happened. Not even a sip of water!
I just froze in disbelief. And then started laughing! What kind of freaky little kid am I raising?
When I asked him HOW IN THE WORLD HE ATE THAT???!!! He took another little gob and put it on his tongue....and this time I got a picture....