Friday, October 20, 2006

Black Mountain

We spent last weekend in Black Mountain, NC for a scrapbooking retreat with www.scrapnthecarolinas.com It was wonderful! NC Mountains in October are beautiful--perfect weather, the trees changing colors, awesome tourist towns. We drove up Friday morning and then shopped in the "downtown area"- chocolatiers, wine shops, gourmet kitchen supply stores, nick nack shops, crafts, silver jewelry, etc. Then Friday - Sunday we scrapbooked our little hearts out. Well except Dee, she worked on her Christmas cards all weekend! Dee, Julie, Melissa (my sister in law), my Mom and I were at a group of tables together and we laughed so hard my sides hurt AND I had to break out the asthma inhaler. Despite all the giggles (and breaks to partake in the gourmet foods and snacks Pam provided us!), we got lots done this weekend! I completed 35 pages (12 x 12)-- and I even won two contests at the crop (Page Challenge and Best Use of Embellishments) How fun is that? I wasn't even going to enter the embellishments contest but Melissa made me submit a page! After the crop, we shopped our way back home and had a nice meal together to top off the perfect girls weekend away!



2 comments:

Nancyroo said...

looks like you had fun!

Paula... said...

OMG 35 pages are you serious - YOU GO GIRL!!! Sounds like a super fantastic weekend :)