Friday, January 12, 2007

His vacation...

You know how Toby works CRAZY hours during the holidays??? The poor guy works around the clock 7 days a week at Christmas! Anyway... I was in the hospital, the week between Christmas and New Year's. Toby was very supportive-- he had not used any sick time all year so he used some sick days (since the Christmas rush was over) and stayed with me at the hospital. Spencer was MORE THAN HAPPY to stay with Nana and Boppa. Toby brought me some nice Aveda bath products and tried to convince me to pretend I was at a spa get away--haha. He packed himself a bag, full of treats he received at Christmas, and stretched out on the couch in the private suite I was lucky enough to score at the hospital (ironically donated by Bank of America) and slept on and off for 4 of the 5 days that I was there!!!! I was thinking of what a sweet, supportive husband I had and how he stayed by my side the entire time....but I think my poor guy was just tired and I was his ticket to a little R&R compliments of High Point Regional Hospital!!!!! Regardless, he got some much needed rest and I had him with me so I guess it worked out... but still, I'm onto him!!!!!!

1 comment:

Paula... said...

Awww so sweet - hopefully you both got the much needed rest you needed. I love the idea of pretending your at a spa getaway - now that's thinking :)