Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome 2007


I know..I have a stale blog! But at least I know lots of friends and family read my blog because I have had many hints and jabs that I need a fresh posting!!!!


Spencer had a magical Christmas! Santa brought everything he asked for plus a few surprises. Everything Spencer unwrapped became his new favorite toy. He oohed and ahhed over every single thing--no matter if it was a $100 toy, clothes, or a $1 stocking stuffer, everything impressed him! Here are some of our favorite Christmas memories from this year:


  • Spencer getting his new little robe on and just perfect (a la Hugh Heffner) before he came down the steps for Christmas.

  • Christmas Eve, Spencer left "Reindeer Food" out on the lawn...and just as he posed for a picture sprinkling the Reindeer food, our dog walked up beside him and pooped right on top of the pile of reindeer food!!!!!!!

  • The big hug I got when he opened Hide-and-Seek Sammie from Me.

  • The big hug Daddy got when he opened the new Baseball Bat from Daddy!


Those of you that are local know that I have been sick nearly all of December with sinus crud, bronchitis, etc. and by Christmas I was REALLY sick. The morning after Christmas, Mom and I both went to Urgent Care. She had a sinus/respiratory infection and got some medicine but my white blood cell count was way off as well as my sugar so they put me in the hospital. All that infection was pretty much raging and my sugar was dangerously high (over 500). The worst infection was in my right kidney (very painful!) I stayed in the hospital Tuesday through Saturday and they pumped me full of antibiotics and insulin. We had one little mishap where the night pharmacy sent my antibiotics mixed with dextrose (sugar water) instead of saline for my IV and no one noticed until the next morning when my sugar went up 200 points--ugh!!! The week of high sugar messed up my vision. Goodbye to my perfect 20/10 eyesight and hello farsightedness and "loss of focus"--but at least I didn't have any permanent damage that didn't require anything other than (gag!) these new goofy ass reading glasses. I miss my perfect eyesight. It would have been okay to have a gradual decline but this sudden shift is hard to get used to!

Now for a New Years update. We had our usual New Years Eve Party and it was awesome. Okay...I couldn't partake in the food or beverages since I had just come home from the hospital but I had one drink and very moderate food choices--- everyone else was off the hook. We played the Newlywed Game and Julie and Barry won as they should have since they cheat like hell. Mike and Dee tied with me and Toby and Jimmy and Lucy came in last. Some of the singles heckled us but we had a blast and I am STILL razzing Toby about one of his answers!!!!! In his defense, he had several drinks--but still...what was he thinking??????

2 comments:

Leslie said...

yea a new post! I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

Paula... said...

OMG ROFL at the dog pooping on the Reindeer Food - sorry can't stop laughing at that one. I'm so glad Santa was kind to Spender - how could he resist his beautiful face :)

What a horrid time you've had throughout December. I picked up bits and pieces on SJ and was thinking of you! I bet you look very classy with your new glasses :)