Monday, January 15, 2007

Native Henna


The color curse has been broken! We are redoing our bathroom this weekend and I actually chose a COLOR (yes a color!) for the walls! I have an odd fascination with offwhite/cottage white/antique white/eggshell and I have a slight phobia about painting with color. BUT... I chose Native Henna (which is a mush of sage, artichoke-ish green) for the walls, trimmed in Antique White to match my bathroom fixtures. I am accenting with accessories in a very pale pink that looks really nice with the sage green--not too girly but very pleasant. We cleaned out EVERYTHING, taped and trimmed-in last night. We hope to finish up tonight when Toby gets home from work.


Before we painted, we cleaned out our closets. Then when we got ready to paint, we realized that we had thrown out all of our old clothes and couldn't find anything we wanted to ruin with paint...so.... Toby ended up painting in just an old pair of boxer shorts and I painted in an old Tshirt and panties. The next morning, Spencer wanted to paint the outlet and light switch cover plates (we had promised him he could paint them!) so I went to get some newspaper to put down and he stripped down to his underwear...HE THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO PAINT IN YOUR SKIVVIES!!!!! I explained to him that Mommy and Daddy had only painted in our undies the night before because we had packed all our old clothes up and because all our summer clothes were put away ----GEEZ!

I also scrapbooked a little this weekend! I worked on a few layouts from our Sept 2006 Beach vacation!





No comments: