Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pop Culture Madness

I was looking for old stuff for my Ipod and I found this tag from a friends blog:

The rules are as follows: Go to popculturemadness.com, click on the "Pop Music" box and select the year you turned 18. Paste the list of the top 75 songs. Make snide comments as appropriate.

Here are mine:
1988's Greatest Hits
1. What A Wonderful World* - Louis Armstrong *didn't even make it in the top 100 when released in 1967!
2. It Takes Two - Rob Base & E-Z Rock (who???)
3. Da Butt - EU (Da Butt was #3??????)
4. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard (Still a classic!!!)
5. I'll Always Love You -Taylor Dayne (blah)
6. Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N Roses (this CD is still in my car)
7. Hot Hot Hot -Buster Poindexter (blah)
8. Just Got Paid -Johnny Kemp (who?)
9. Paradise - Sade (blah)
10. Kokomo - Beach Boys (Gotta love the Beach boys!Esp. if Stamos is drumming...)
11.Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson (this is when he had a nose...)
12.Red Red Wine - UB40 (white boy Reggae)
13.Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin (this was cute the first million times)
14.Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison (Rock on)
15.Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N Roses (they went shark jumping after this album)
16.Pump Up The Volume - M/A/R/R/S
17.One Moment In Time - Whitney Houston (was she sober then?)
18.Wild, Wild West -Kool Moe Dee
19.Roll With It - Steve Winwood
20.Push It - Salt N Pepa (I swear I thought this song came out in Jr High)
21.The Flame - Cheap Trick (good one!)
22.Baby I Love Your Way/Freebird (Medley) - Will To Power (blah)
23.1 2 3 - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
24.Power Of Love - Laura Branigan (blah)
25.Need You Tonight - INXS (I like this one!)
26.One More Try - George Michael
27.Can't Stay Away From You - Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine
28.Hot Hot Hot!!! - The Cure
29.The Promise - When In Rome
30.Don't Be Cruel - Bobby Brown
31.Nothin' But A Good Time - Poison
32.Chains Of Love - Erasure
33.Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi (80's metal still rocks)
34.Honestly - Stryper
35.The Way You Make Me Feel - Micheal Jackson
36.Strangelove - Depeche Mode
37.Angel - Aerosmith
38.Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys
39.Candle In The Wind - Elton John
40.Tomorrow People - Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers
41.Forever Young - Alphaville
42.Pink Cadillac - Natalie Cole
43.Forever Young - Rod Stewart
44.Parents Just Don't Understand - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
45.Tall Cool One - Robert Plant (this one used to be a favorite!)
46.Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil (ugh! I hated this song!)
47.In God's Country - U2
48.What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy) - Information Society
49.Just Like Heaven - The Cure
50.I Know You're Out There Somewhere - Moody Blues
51.Wild Wild West - The Escape Club
52.So Emotional - Whitney Houston ( I bet she is...)
53.Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
54.Wishing Well - Terence Trent D"Arby (ugh! hated this one, too!)
55.It's Money That Matters - Randy Newman (He sings?)
56.It's The End Of The World As We Know It - R.E.M. (I swear, I can NOT sing this sober.)
57.Under The Milky Way - The Church
58.Like The Weather - 10,000 Maniacs
59.Tell It To My Heart - Taylor Dayne
60Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford (she can ROCK!)
61.Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley (HE can NOT Rock.)
62.Never Can Say Goodbye - Communards
63.Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark - Robert Cray Band
64.What's The Matter Here? - 10,000 Maniacs
65.Groovy Kind Of Love - Phil Collins
66.Fat - Weird Al Yankovic (I admit it. Werid Al cracks me up.)
67.Monkey - George Michael (IS this the same monkey that George spanks???)
68.Rocket 2 U - Jets
69.Hazy Shade of Winter - the Bangles
70.Piano In The Dark - Brenda Russell
71.Tell That Girl To Shut Up - Transvision Vamp
72.I Found Someone - Cher
73.Spotlight - Madonna
74.When Will I Be Famous? - Bros
75.Englishman In New York - Sting (I don't remember this one either!!??!!)

4 comments:

Leslie said...

ok now there is so many on that list that rocks! I'm gonna check that out!

Jennifer said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I turned 18 in 1988 too. AND I love The Beach Boys when Stamos is drummin'. Are we twins separated at birth? JenniferH

Jennifer Sizemore said...

wow - I am going to have to go get some of those... but I agree, I don't remember MANY of those!

Paula... said...

OK I'm shattered - I'm a huge Midnight Oil fan. That particular song has a lot of meaning here in Aus. It's all about white man taking land from the Aboriginals. All of Midnight Oil's songs are highly political.

I'm off to search for mine - OK I'm showing my age because I turned 18 in 1984 :-P