Monday, September 24, 2007

Girly Girl Weekend


I am back from my Girly Girl weekend! Mom, Melissa (my sister-in-law) and our friend Julie and I spent a long weekend at Seabrook Island, SC scrapbooking our little hearts out. The scrapbooking was fun but the oceanfront humidity and "lovebugs" I could have done without-ha! We had breaks for manicures, pedicures, massages, gourmet meals... total luxury! Oh and I won lots of prizes-- my favorite was winning the "Best Creative Journaling" on a page/layout for my Spam and Mountain Dew party with the Jax girls!

On the way down, we stopped to tour a tea plantation outside of Charleston--very interesting! On the way home, we stopped by Kiawah Island for some shopping.

The humidity flared up my sinus/allergies and asthma-but it was still a wonderful trip. I also came home to a feverish little Spencer, chest cold, tummy ache, all the works-- so I took him to the doctor today. I think this same virus is running through his school right now so we will just have to keep him in bed for another day or so!

It stinks to come back from vacation sick, but I had such a wonderful time that it was worth it!

4 comments:

Patti H said...

I love girly weekends too! Glad you had a great time!

Kim said...

This looks like so much fun! Shopping on Kiawah...sigh...I am so jealous!

AmyWhit said...

You were close to me! I'm about an hour south of Charleston! I wish I could have joined you gals on the girly girl weekend! Glad you had fun, and congrats on winning the contests!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got sick and came home to Spencer sick, but I'm glad you had a great time!