Saturday, December 22, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year...


Who would have imagined.... Christmas Spirit came in a green Volvo today. I got a call from my Organizational Manager asking to drop off some donations for my Mobile Meals route recipients. She (and her family) drove all the way from Charlotte (at least 90 minutes each way) and brought me 14 bags of wonderful items that my Mobile Meals folks will truly appreciate. My route has several recipients who, after paying for their utilities and medicine, have no disposable income and are in poor health. Senior Resources helps with food and driving them to doctor appointments, etc. but some things you don't think about are actually luxuries to them: lotion, warm socks, slippers, lip balm, cookies, scarves, hats, robes, toothbrushes, etc. She organized an entire team drive to support these folks and I am just so impressed! Nothing fills your heart like being part of something wonderful.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

That's awesome.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Leslie said...

that is wonderful! I know each and every person you deliver them to will enjoy each little goodie!

Merry Christmas!

Paula... said...

What a wonderful gesture. It's so nice to know there are warm and caring people out there willing to go out of their way to help others :)