Monday, August 25, 2008

2nd Grader

Spencer started Second Grade today. Did you hear that? SECOND GRADE!! My baby is a second grader-- oh man. Well the good news is that I *love* his teacher and assistant, I know several of the other Moms in the class and I think I'm going to enjoy volunteering this year. The bad news is summer break is over and I have to roll his grouchy ham hocks out of bed early each morning!

Okay now for the traditional first day of school pictures.
For this first one, I said: Look like a smart 2nd grader...and this is what I got:



Seriously Spencer. I just want one decent picture, please!



I ordered him a new backpack for this year. I got it out, and was showing it to him and I said, "Look! I even had your name embroidered on it."
and he said, "L.L. Bean???"
I quickly said "No goober--above that!"
then I noticed he was laughing. He totally played me.

6 comments:

Patti H said...

Okay this kid cracks me up seriously. Can't wait till he starts blogging! LOL I think you should let him guest blog sometime! LOL
He is so cute Cassandra!

AshleyS said...

he's quite the comedian! hmmm. wonder where he gets that from????

Robyn said...

lol, I was thinking the same thing as Ashley.

Yankee said...

What a kick he is!

Cheri Pryor said...

Smart AND funny!! What a guy!

Paula... said...

Ah yes they grow up too quickly :( I had parent/teacher interviews with Dayna today - that was fun NOT! She's a good kid and pretty much got glowing remarks from all of her teachers, but she's gotta stop talking in class ROFL.

If that's all I have to worry about, I'm pretty darned happy - especially taking into consideration all the crap that has been going on in her class this year!

WOOHOO winter is over and now the days can start to slowly warm up :))