Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hangman

Today at church, I saw two kids playing hangman. I haven't played hangman in years but I nearly giggled out loud remembering all the games my brother and I played. Hangman was not only a game of vocabulary skill-- it was the ultimate in mockery! Oh yeah...when we would draw our hangman, the bodies were fat and bloated, the eyes were crossed, the nose had boogers, the mouth had pumpkin teeth, etc. Yep, it was funny to draw each other-- no simple stickman for us!

OOOOH! and Dots! Did you ever play dots? You know, the page of dots and you take turns connecting them and claim squares. III and I played a mean game of dots growing up!

We played normal board games, too. And UNO!!! But my brother always cheated....That Draw 4 card would appear from beneath his leg and he would SWEAR he had just drawn it-- what a goober.

Now that we are older, we play Rook. Toby and III against me and Melissa. And by the way, III still cheats--haha!

3 comments:

Nancyroo said...

I played all those games- how fun! My kids at school are not allowed to play hangman, because of the "hanging man". Sheesh! I think they have taken non violence in schools a little too far.

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I love Hangman and Dots! We still play them to pass the time - even down to the thirty hairs on the head of the hanged man.

Did you know Target has gummies/fruit snacks with games? Tic Tac Toe and others.....

Michele said...

Ohhh i love dots :-).... dots was so much fun as a kid!!!! feel like playing it now :-)