Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Geez Spencer...Why?

Tonight, Spencer and I stopped at the local chinese place for dinner. The kid has eaten there at least twice a month for the past 6 years. He has never had any questions about the Chinese folks that run the place. One of my good friends (and scrapbook buddy) is Vietnamese--so he has a touch of exposure to the Asian culture. So why - tonight- did he pop out a "Ying Yang Yang" mockery OUT LOUD in front of our waitress? I was so embarrassed! I tried to explain to him that most Asian languages are based on single syllables hence the unique sound. I don't think he got it. I know it isn't the first time a little american punk kid has done that , but still...my kid? He doesn't normally do stuff like that! UGH!

5 comments:

Cheri Pryor said...

Their job as children is to embarrass the snot out of us.

Our job as parents when they become teenagers is to pay them back for every time they did.

SJ said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog; I'm glad to have you reading! I've found that a blog is a great release for the pain of splitting up a family (plus I like to cuss, donchaknow)

Patti H said...

LOL this for some reason just cracks me up! DId ya wanna crawl under the table? LOL

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard b/c you KNOW where he got that sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

LMAO