Saturday, March 08, 2008

Tar Heels Win! (Giggity Giggity Alright!)


(1) North Carolina 76, (5) Duke 68

It was a big game tonight. There was plenty at stake: the top seed in the ACC tournament, a potential in-state path to March Madness and of course, it is the DUKE- Carolina game-- THE rival game and senior night. And, after a wild game with the Cameron crazies-including Dickie Vitale still trying to rasp out his pro-Duke blabbing, UNC is still No. 1 and the dookie seniors had their special night spoiled.

But I do have to give Duke props for remembering Eve Carson before the game. That was a very classy move.

At our house, I made Carolina Blue Kool-aid (Blue Raspberry and Lemonade) and a big batch of cookies. Lucy, IV, Spencer and I cheered as loud as we could. We decided Inez (my chubby cat) was our good luck charm so she had to sit in Lucy's lap the entire game.

5 comments:

The Partin Family said...

John says "who cares about that game, anyway." But really, for us, who cares about college basketball this season,for that matter. Ha ha!

Becky said...

I think you just watch it for #50 there and the kool aid.

Paula... said...

OK this is all double-dutch to me, but sounds like you had fun LOL

Leslie said...

I can't even put into words what I wish to say. LOL

I love you even though you're a tar heel!

Robyn said...

:P I thought DUKE was going to pull it out, yes, and then unc is up by all these points, when did I miss the run. Rematch in the acc tourney, maybe.