Friday, March 07, 2008

The Things are loose


Today is "dress like a book character" day at school. Since it was also Dr. Seuss week, it was only fitting that Spencer and IV went as Thing 1 and Thing 2. But in this case, Thing 2 and Thing 4. IV already had the hair from the Tar Heel games and I looked EVERYWHERE last night for Spencer blue hair or blue hair paint--nothing! There were plenty of orange and green--- but no blue! So from midnight to 1 am, I made a Raggedy-ann-esqe wig with blue yarn. Then this morning it would not stay on right, he hated it, I had to trim the front... it ended up looking like this. It was a very Mommy Dearest type of moment. But whatever. Close enough to resemble the character!

6 comments:

Nancyroo said...

that is too stinkin cute!

Patti H said...

OMG how friggin cute are they!! Great job on the wig Cassandra!!

Paula... said...

They look fantastic and you're such a good mum making that blue wig :) I bet they were the talk of the school!!

Kim said...

OK, I love ya Cassandra, but I have to tell ya, I have laughed so hard over poor Spencer standing there in that Raggedy Ann hand-me-down wig vs. IV in that Dr. Suess perfect blue wig. Now, I was on the phone with you last night, and I know how hard you worked on it, but this picture is HILARIOUS. I think IV has a smug little expression, too. LOL.

Becky said...

How freaking cute are they? LOL Good try though, its definitely the thought that counts :)

Becky said...

ok I just had to say that I still laugh when I look at that picture. Their faces are so cute LOL