Saturday, May 03, 2008

He shoots, He scores!

click on photos to enlarge:

Spencer started playing soccer last fall and with the exception of a few times at sweeper, he has always played goalkeeper - so he has never really had an opportunity to score. WELL TODAY HE SCORED HIS FIRST GOAL!
We won 1-0--Spencer had the winning goal! I am not sure who was more excited: Spencer, Melissa, Jimmy, Nana, Boppa, Ben... or that insane soccer Mom screaming her head off--oh wait, that was me. As you can tell in the picture collage, I stopped taking pictures during the goal itself (because it is hard to take pictures when you are jumping up and down and screaming, "That's my boy!") but I have the before and the after in sequence!

After the soccer game, we had Spring Fling at Spencer and IV's school. The weather was beautiful and the entire festival was a huge success! I worked at the silent auction the entire time. In her typical form, Mom got into a bidding war with another bidder... Mom won. She always does. I bought some Mama Laura's yummy gourmet chocolates for teacher appreciation gifts.

Spencer and IV also had a baseball game tonight. Spencer had an awesome game-- two doubles and some terrific fielding. IV had great hits, including the one he took to the face. Don't worry, he is fine. That little goofball is actually excited at the prospect that he *might* get a black eye. He loves attention-- I swear there is a stage somewhere with that kid's name on it...

To celebrate Spencer's 1st goal, I bought him two new books (one on Weather and the other on how to draw animals) and and new Wii game--Game Party. It has Darts, Air Hockey, Skee Ball, Shuffle Board, Hoops... giggity giggity. Okay so *maybe* that's the game I might have wanted for myself...

6 comments:

Kim said...

YEA SPENCER!!!!!! And what great pictures Cassandra! Fantastic action shots! That is so exciting. Tell Spencer that Baxter and I are so proud of him.
That is such a cute picture of IV, too. He is hilarious.

Patti H said...

you did get capturing the before and afer! Congrats to Spencer on his first of many goals this season!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Spencer! Tell him we are proud of him. All the pics are great.

Cheri Pryor said...

WAY TO GO SPENCER!! Woot Woot! FYI: This is why you MUST take another person with you to be the official photographer/videographer.

Robyn said...

WHOO HOOO, alright Spencer. Keep up the fancy foot work!!

Paula... said...

WOOHOO, WOHOO way to go Spencer and I'm so glad IV is OK after the hit to the face.